I attended the Jessamyn West workshop today at the State Library of SA.
You can access the talk from her website here.
Wow, what a exciting and inspirational speaker she is!
It is going to take me awhile to digest all she presented and to follow up on her “starter” tips and read all the suggested readings. Here are the some of the highlights for me:
- 2.0 – a new way of approaching people
- User experience of the online catalogue could be improved.
- The new generation of library catalogues allow patrons to add reviews to items in the catalogue – this made a few people shudder :)
- 2.0 will help facilitate users to interact with your library and let them become part of our library community
- The web is not something you just sit and look at!
- The web is something you interact with!
- Some of the 2.0 tools will save you time
- Librarians are using myspace.com to notify kids about whats on and upcoming in the online bulletin board.